Every year our Institute hosts our Global Leadership Award Dinner in New York and this year I was able to go up to help with the event. Words cannot describe how well it went or how beautiful it looked (or how much work it was!!). The pictures should be up on our website soon, and if you are into German - American relations you DEFINITELY need to check the web site out!
So Thursday we were busy, busy, busy, but Friday I had some time before taking my train back to DC and got to spend some time in the city. I LOVED it, but I can't lie... I love DC more. DC is so clean, and the buildings are lower, so you feel like you can still breathe fresh air. Don't get me wrong, I love New York, but I LOVE LOVE D.C.!
So here are a few pictures from my day:
The Brooklyn Bridge
Where we had our Event - see the light blue flag at the bottom right of the picture? That's Tiffany's. Did I go in? You bet I did!!
Lady Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry
Ellis Island
The Manhattan Skyline
Central Park
And, oh, can I just say - the Macy's on 34th - beyond my wildest dreams! I knew it was the largest department store in the world, but I could not have imagined how big it really is - it felt like heaven!
1 comment:
I love the pictures from the ferry of Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. You have a pretty good camera. Remember all those cool places. Maybe I will move closer to you and we can go see the sites!
Post a Comment