Sunday, November 1, 2009

Autumn Bliss

For some reason, Mother Nature really had it out for me this month. I wanted to do all these fantastic things: go apple picking, go camping, spend the weekend in the Shenandoah, and take pictures at Arlington Cemetery. All my plans were foiled because it rained EVERY SINGLE Saturday in October. Anyone who knows me, though, knows that I am stubborn. There was one beautiful Sunday this month, so a few friends and I took off after church and headed up to Skyline drive for a Sunday drive and then some other sisters in the ward and I braved the misty Halloween morning to take some fall pictures at Arlington Cemetery. The joke's on you Mother Nature - I got my fall fun in after all!! Here are some pictures specifically intended to make you want to come visit me next fall:

SKYLINE DRIVE

Three of the most amazing girls joined me on my Sunday Drive - Ashley, Jessica, and Melissa.


We thought that a Sunday drive was the best idea ever, which it was, but everyone else and their grandmother had the same idea, which meant that the lines at the bathrooms on skyline drive were pretty long...


We channeled our inner children for this trip by eating PBJ and drinking juice from boxes.






Pondering the mysteries of the universe...



When the sun finally went down and we had to leave, everyone was really disappointed...


...So we decided to get together a few days later and share pictures. To add to the festive autumn mood, we had pumpkin soup, pumpkin muffins, and fresh bread for dinner!




ARLINGTON CEMETERY








After all this picture taking, Jessica and I needed a break, so we stopped at Dairy Godmother for some Pumpkin flavored frozen custard with oatmeal crisp topping - BEST TREAT EVER!! It's like fall in your mouth!



3 comments:

The Dalton's said...

Look at your long hair!! You look beautiful. And those pictures are gorgeous too. Makes me want to come visit for sure :)

The Shirleys said...

YOur fall pictures are spectacular as usual! I love the pictures at Arlington. You have a nack for getting amazing photos. Thanks for sharing them!!

You should be hearing from us soon about our Baby Girl!

CAT said...

I LOVE the fall!! I miss the trees changing colors! I want to visit you next fall!!