Thursday, April 10, 2008

Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood Concert

All I have to say is WOW!! This concert was awesome! I have loved Keith since I first heard the song "It's a love thing" (way back when) and I have listened to Carrie's new CD pretty much every day for the last month, so when I got the chance to go to the concert with my friend Clint, I pretty much jumped at it. I pretty much gave him no other choice. :)

I left work a little early and had to stop and take a picture of Dupont Circle, right by my work. DC in the spring is turning out to be all I could ever wish for and more.

After getting burritos at California Tortilla we headed over to the concert and got to our seats with about three minutes to spare. Our friend Wayne and his friend Jen were fortunate enough to have gotten seats on the floor in the sixth row, but since our seats were a little higher up we could see backstage, which was quite exciting in and of itself. All my pictures are pretty blurry though, so see Wayne's blog for some amazing close-ups.


So, anyways, the concert was amazing!! I was stoked about Carrie, but then Keith came on and I could hardly contain myself!! He is such a talented musician. Sometimes when I listen to his CDs I forget that he is the one playing the guitar - oh and he rocks the guitar!! Also, at other concerts I have been to I have noticed that the artists don't always quite get their notes... not so with Keith, he was perfect!!


Clint and I sang to EVERY song and yelled and danced and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Highlights: The bottom half of Carrie's Ball gown ripping off after a slow song to reveal a sassy but still pretty modest knee length dress for a faster song; Keith jumping off the stage to sing and play in the crowd and then sign and give away a guitar; Keith playing the piano and singing.


Yeah for country music!! I am a Texan and reserve the right to love it!!

1 comment:

The Shirleys said...

That is so cool! That does sound like it was a great concert...but then just to be able to see Keith Urban in person would be great!

I am glad you had fun. I still remember the Rascal Flats and Toby Keith concern you and I went to. Oh the good ole days. :)