Monday, April 28, 2008

George visits the nation's capital!!

For those of you who don't know, I have two families. The Windells and the Kenisons. I am a Kenison because of my friend Karrie who I met working at the BYU Laundry my first term at school in the Summer of 2001. If there ever was an instant friendship, this would be it, and it came with a whole bunch of other fabulous friends and a family! Her nephew Taylor's elementary school class sent around traveling teddy bears over the last few months and my family status got me the chance to host his bear George for a little visit.

George showed up at work last Monday all ready to go and I took him all over DC. It was fun to think of what sorts of sights the kids might like to see pictures of and even more fun to take pictures of/with George and not care who was staring at me! :) After our outings I developed the pictures and wrote in George's journal, which accompanied him and then mailed him back to the school so that he could arrive home before April 30th. George visited Hawaii, San Antonio -Texas (aka HEAVEN), Arizona, Mexico, and DC.
I just thought it was such a cute idea, perhaps some of you elementary school teachers might enjoy doing something like that too!

2 comments:

Globe Trotters said...

great pictures! it's fun that you are getting to see and do so much.

The Shirleys said...

I love the pics of DC! I am going to have to come visit you someday. George is fun to show around and I am glad he made it to see you before he had to return home.
We love you the mostest!
(look for pictures in the mail soon!)