Sunday, October 26, 2008

Recipe for Love Handles

I have come to realize that my blog is totally random and not really meaningful at all, but I've decided to embrace it. So, since I love to cook, and my blog is kind of a reflection of me (random, but not meaningless :) ), I decided to post a recipe. I got this one from my freshman and sophomore year roommate Megan, and it is FABULOUS! I wish I could tell you single ladies that it will be the key to catching your dream man, but I can't. If, however, you're already pretty close to the finish line, it might just seal the deal!

Cinnamon Rolls

Dough:
1/3 Cup butter or margarine
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 Cup milk
2 Eggs
2 ¼ (1 packet) yeast
3 ¾ to 4 ¼ Cups Flour

Cinnamon Filling:
¼ to 1/3 cup butter, melted
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
*Add cinnamon generously (1 to 2 tsp) to the butter and then mix in the brown sugar until the mixture is smooth, but not runny.

Directions:
Heat the butter, sugar, salt, and milk on medium-low in a sauce pan until warm and the butter is melting.

Mix 2 cups of flour and the yeast in a large mixing bowl. Pour the butter mixture into the flower and yeast, add the eggs, and beat for 30 seconds on low speed. Beat for 3 minutes on high speed.

Using a spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as is needed.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead (with as much flour as necessary) until the dough is smooth and elastic (6-8 min). Shape into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turn once to grease the entire surface.

Cover and let rise in a warm place until it doubles in size (30 min). Punch the dough down and let it rest for 10 minutes.

Roll the dough out on a floured surface into a 12x15 inch rectangle. Spread the cinnamon mixture (below) over the dough and roll it up long ways.

Cut the roll with floss or thread into 1 inch sections and place into a greased pan. Let them rise for 30 minutes.

Bake for 15-22 minutes at 375* (should be LIGHT brown)

I like to eat them with cream cheese frosting!!

1 comment:

Globe Trotters said...

I am soooo trying out this recipe- Ben LOVES cinnamon rolls, and I have yet to find the "perfect" recipe- I will have to let you know how it goes, and who comes out with the better set of love handles :)