Unfortunately it apparently “felt right” because I needed to be tested and tried both mentally and financially. Within a few weeks the check engine light came on and over the course of the next year I spent several thousand dollars trying to fix her – transmission, gear shift, belts, radiator, alternator, mounting brackets, new tires, lights – you name it. After several more repairs to get her ready for the trip, I drove Brunhilde out to the east coast, and she promptly started overheating. (And PS, had it not been for Jake, the family mechanic, I would have spent alot more!! Thanks Jake!)
Figuring I had a real job now, I decided to get myself a new car. I talked about it with my dad on Sunday, and then on Monday was looking on the internet and saw some used Toyotas I wanted to look at. So I hopped into Brunhilde, drove to the dealership, and came home with a BRAND NEW Silver 2007 Toyota Corolla. I didn’t realize how much I loved Brunhilde until I had to hand over the keys (I traded her in). I literally started crying and I think that the dealer thought I was insane. That car was a lemon, but I sure loved her!!
So I drove my new car home, went into my room, and then it hit me – I just bought a BRAND NEW car – complete with BRAND NEW car payment. What was I thinking?! You don’t just go out one night a buy a new car on a whim! Talk about impulse shopping! The thought just really freaked my out and I panicked and stressed about it for several weeks until finally coming to terms with the whole situation and realizing that I was going to be OK.
My car is really great, runs perfectly, and makes a really great sound when I press the gas – vroom, vroom! (I love that sound!) I have a warranty on it, so I don’t have to pay out the wazoo for repairs, and it is much more compact than Brunhilde (she really was a beast), so I can actually parallel park it. Unfortunately with all the stress and anxiety I caused myself when I bought it, I never really got attached enough to give it a name. I have had the car for over a year and a half now, and I think it really needs a name, so I have decided to open the decision up to you all. What do you think would be a good name for my car? (See photos below)

5 comments:
You know, I've found that things just name themselves after awhile - case in point: we had a mazda protege whose brakes lit on fire one day. Thus "Smokey." Admittedly, a year and a half is awhile, but sometimes it just takes that long. Good luck with the name game!
Hooray! Congrats. We have a little Corolla too, and the gas on it is GREAT! And everyone loves it because it is so "peppy". Good luck! Have fun :)
That's the exact same car I drove on my mission (color, make, interior)...and crashed.
She should be called Sally- a much sweeter name than Brunhilde. AWESOME- you bought a new car!!!
i vote you should name your car "Marvin" so catchy so fresh
Post a Comment