Kids, they grow up so fast!! I was just looking at my last post and I can't believe how much my garden has grown in the last month! It has been really hot here, so I have had to water every morning, which I kind of like, because it makes me even more invested. I am also investing myself monetarily - I have since purchased 2 Topsy-turvey planters for my tomatoes and made a rope trellis for my cucumber. Here are some pictures:

Green Beans

The basil smells so good! You just have to bend
down a little and the air smells like it!

Tomatoes in a Topsy-turvey planter

Serrano Peppers

On the left are two summer squash plants and on the right is
zucchini and cucumber, which is growing up the trellis that I made!

So I planted my little garden on our back balcony, but then I had left over seedlings, so I made some space for them in the planter in front of our town house where the landlord maintains decorative plants. Some of them are really thriving and some are taking a little longer because they don't get as much sun, but they are coming along too. All together we have 3 summer squash, 4 cucumber, 2 zucchini, 2 tomatoes, 4 green beans, 3 basil, and 3 Serrano peppers. :)

My roomie planted this one... we actually were planting sunflowers,
but somehow ended up with a cucumber!



Totally ghetto - cucumbers next to the air conditioner...
I hope it won't hurt them... :)
2 comments:
Jenny, I can't wait to eat your kids!! :)
I love the cucumbers in the flowerbed. I can't wait to see them.
By the way, what are you upto the weekend of the 24th? WE want to visit.
Post a Comment