Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Deutschland Wird Weltmeister!

These past few weeks I have been learning a lot about faith... by means of the world cup. You know the drill, you hope for something, you act in faith upon that hope, and then you eventually receive a witness that the thing you had faith in was true. Tonight I took a BIG leap of faith.

In case it is not readily apparent, I heart all things Deutsch and am rooting for the German team. My roommate served her mission in Spain and hearts all things Es(th)pania (Disclaimer: I do not apologize for butchering the Spanish language). The tournament has now progressed to the point where Germany and Spain will be facing off in an epic battle of speed, agility, skill, and hopefully shirtlessness, thus placing my roommate and me at odds and irreparably damaging our relationship. I hope that Germany will win. I trust in their ability to do so. So I took the leap of faith, acting on that hope, and placed the following posters on my roommate's bedroom door.


For those of you who don't speak German, the posters say: "I Love Germany!", "Goal!", and "Germany will win the World Cup!!" For those of you who do speak German, I translate "Deutschland wird Weltmeister!" as "Germany will win the World Cup" and not "Germany will be the World Masters!" for obvious reasons.

When we take a leap of faith such as this one, we know there will be trials and opposition. In my case, upon discovering my posters, my roommate chased me down into my room, shot at me repeatedly with a spray bottle, and shoved me brutally, pushing me down the stair(s). I have pictures as evidence for the pending trial. She has gone to bed and the persecution has subsided for the moment. Now I must patiently wait for a witness of my faith, namely, to see Germany trounce Spain in the match tomorrow!!!

The face of someone who has been told the truth and finds it to be hard... and we know why that is.

Neener!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

AWESOME!!!! I baked a cake today with the slightly sacrilegious "Deutschland! Deutschland ueber Spanien!" frostily inscribed on the top. This is gonna be good!

In other news, I met a new girl in my ward yesterday, and she was all, do you know a Jenny Windell? Why of course! Know and love! Apparently she went to high school with you and her name is Kristen, but that's about all I can say on that. Hope you're doing well!

Ashley said...

Ok, first of all: I did not brutally shove you down the stairs. I gave a firm pat and you fell to pieces...kind of like your team on the field today.

All I have to say is this: We both know who has greater faith.

Bring it, Windell!

The Shirleys said...

I am laughing so hard I actually have a few tears! You girls have way too much fun. I can't wait to see how things turn out, and I would love to see the pictures for trial.

I can't wait to see you soon!!!