Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Lauer Family

Among all the Family Christmas Letters I got over the holiday season, there was one that I had really looked forward to and was completely shocked by once it came: the Lauer Family Christmas Letter. Well, I guess it wasn't so much the letter as the accompanying picture.

For those of you who don't know, the Lauers are my "German Family". I was there nanny for a year and I lived, laughed, loved, and cried with them. They are wonderful and leaving those kids was one of the hardest things I ever did. So I guess my reaction is the same as moms or grandma's might have: Those kids are growing up so fast!!

This is what the Lauers looked like when I arrived in May 2003 (sorry it's so blurry, but you get the idea):




This is what they look like now:


I am pretty sure that when I opened this picture, my jaw dropped onto my desk and hung wide open for about a minute. I was speechless!! It is great to see though that they are still a happy, successful family, and still very, very German!


2 comments:

Holly Golighty said...

I can totally relate. First of all I am German :) but that's not what I wanted to say. I was an Au-Pair in the U.S. back in 1996.

When I got to visit my hostfamily again two years ago, the older of "my" two boys had already graduated from College. It almost reduced me to tears to see them all grown up.

The Shirleys said...

We want to see some more pictures of were you work and some of the people you work with. Is that allowed?
Is it okay to make requests?