
I absolutely love President Hinckley and am sad that he is no longer with us, but I am so happy for him that he has lived a successful and righteous life and has moved on to the next stage and is with his wife again. There is a quote from Pres. Hinckley that I have on the cork board by my desk. It helps me to keep my life and my actions in perspective:
"My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort."
It just sums up for me who he was and why I love him so much. He was always optimistic, kind, and thoughtful. I never met him, in fact, the best I can say is that I was in the same room as him, but his love for every person was apparent. I am so grateful for his example and leadership in my life.
3 comments:
Gorgeous post. And a very good quote. Thank you for sharing it.
That is a great quote. Thanks for posting it. I may have to steal it off your post. HOpe that is alright.
We think about you often and hope things are going well for you. We love you!!
Jenny I love that post, I think I need to take that with me to work and read it daily. Thank you. Hope you are doing just great! Have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment