Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rob and Beckie's Wedding

Ok, I realize that I promised a while ago to blog about the wedding… it’s been a month now… so here it is!!

My brother Rob married the cutest, spunkiest girl ever: Beckie!! I wish there was more narrative to give here, but it was pretty much your typical wedding. I flew out to San Diego (I got a non-stop flight both ways, thank goodness!!) and had a great time with my family and getting to know Beckie. None of our family had ever even met her before we got to California, but Rob is a great guy, so we weren’t too worried about it – we knew he’d make a great choice!

My parents were looking into time shares, so we got to stay at these great villas right on the coast in Newport. Talk about rich people – I don’t think I saw a single “middle class” car the whole time we were there… except the one we were driving.

Rob and Beckie and I spent time exploring the resort, kissing/torturing fish, and swimming. Rob and Beckie spent a lot of time kissing!!
I did make it to the beach a few times, which was SO nice. I’ve got to say it… I could really get used to a place like that. I loved that it was close to the water but still not too humid.

Rob and Beckie got married in the San Diego Temple, which is gorgeous and the ceremony was even more beautiful. I am so grateful for the temple and for the priesthood!! It is amazing to me how close you feel to those who have gone before you, those around you, and those who will come after you – all at once. Needless to say we all bawled our eyes out… Rob and Dad were the worst – they were crying like babies!!

Hope you enjoy the pictures!! Just click on any picture in the slideshow to see it.

2 comments:

Globe Trotters said...

ooohh! it's so crazy to see everyone "growing up". can't wait to see more pictures...and meet the new family member! congrats to the windell family.

The Shirleys said...

I am so excited for all Ya'll!! You got another sister and see San Deigo. How cool is that?! Thanks for sending pictures. I hope you are doing well.