Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Morning Confidence Boost

So.... I should be studying or sleeping, but I am blogging... what's new? So yesterday I got unto the bus for the fourth leg of my trip home from work, and as I got on a girl sitting near the isle brought down her newspaper to reveal her UNIBROW! Now I really do try not to be superficial, but I don't think I'd ever seen one of these things except on TV as a joke. I gasped a little and tried to move on as quickly as possible. (I realize I really do sound like a jerk here)

When I got home I must have had eyebrows on my mind, because while washing my hands, I looked looked at myself in the mirror... and at my eyebrows. No unibrow... thank goodness. Then I remembered that once in high school some girl told me I had funny shaped eyebrows and I started to obsess a little.... "Am I some kind of MONSTER?" After assuring myself that I am at least half-way normal looking, I moved on and enjoyed some Costco pizza and three episodes of Pushing Daisies with my roommates.

Then this morning on my way to work I was waiting for my train and a young woman came up to me, tapped my shoulder, and said "excuse me, I just really wanted to tell you that you have the best shaped eyebrows I have ever seen! Are they natural?" Well let me tell you, these puppies are 100% mine! After a nice 10 minute conversation about plucking, waxing, etc. my friend got off at her stop, leaving me feeling like a million bucks! It's funny how the Lord puts people in your path at just the right time. :)

So here you go - a bona fide picture of the prettiest eyebrows in the world... thank you, thank you very much!

3 comments:

The Shirleys said...

Jenny, I have always thought you have great eyes and eyebrows! Thanks for posting this. It made my day.

(Did I tell you Bethany came home from the MTC? She is doing pretty well I think.)

Emily said...

I, for one, have always thought that you had exceptional eyebrows. I am quite certain that I neglected to tell you this, since at the time I thought it would be weird to remark on said...appendages? Patches of hair? (remember... back when I was trying to keep up the illusion of sanity even though you already knew the truth - I'm a nut!) And yes, I want you to know that those liebe Mecklenburgers were definitely my inspiration (and possibly also the meaning in my life, as this was in fact an 80s dance)

Unknown said...

LOL oh how you kill me!!!! that is so awesome and yes, yes you do have spectacular i brows!!!!!